Executive Director: Job Description
Young Audiences Arts for Learning of Northeast Texas seeks a creative leader to provide vision and direction as we strive to ensure all students in northeast Texas have access to an arts rich education.
Young Audiences Arts for Learning of Northeast Texas is a 25-year-old independent 501c3 arts-in-education organization affiliated with the national Young Audiences Arts for Learning network. YA NE TX collaborates with our national, regional, and local partners to bring best practice arts in education experiences to students, teachers, and schools.
The Executive Director is the lead staff member responsible for implementing the mission and vision of the organization. The Executive Director serves as the liaison to the community at-large and local, regional, and national colleague arts organizations including the Texas Commission on the Arts, the National Endowment for the Arts, the Arts in Education Partnership, and the Young Audiences network. The service area for Young Audiences of Northeast Texas encompasses the 17 counties and 101 school districts of the Region 7 Education Service Center. We work across the region to provide arts access to students and fulfill our mission to use the arts to enrich the lives of children and enhance their education.
- Implement policy and meet organizational objectives established by the Board of Directors.
- Provide additional support to Young Audiences as requested by the Board of Directors.
B. Long Range Planning
- Direct the development of an annual plan and long-term goals.
- Supervise the implementation of the plan and goals.
- Oversees all Young Audiences fundraising events and manage relationships with funding partners, sponsors, and donors.
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of special event fundraising activities including, but not limited to soliciting all event sponsorships, overseeing planning of logistics and coordinating event volunteers.
- Plan, coordinate and execute all annual fundraising efforts including, but not limited to spring and fall direct mail and online campaign efforts.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with donors, securing funds, and engaging major donors.
- Cultivation/stewardship strategies, establish relationships with potential new donors and maintain relationships with current donors.
- Create monthly reports and meet with the Board President to ensure objectives are aligned and donation goals are achieved.
- Utilize non-profit donor software to manage donor gifts and create and maintain accurate donor records of all received gifts. Generate acknowledgements to donors and create and send invoices and pledge reminders.
- Oversee Young Audiences grants process, including research/prospecting, foundation relationship management, proposal writing, reporting and accurate record keeping.
D. Administration and Finance
- Collaborate with Treasurer and appropriate committees in developing a budget.
- Process all donations, invoices, and accounts payable using Quickbooks. Process payroll and monthly employment tax payments.
- Provide the Board of Directors regular and timely information regarding activities of the organization, including all reports, research and information requested by the Board of Directors.
- Attend all Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings and see that all materials necessary for such meetings are provided.
- Maintain communication with national and regional Young Audiences organizations. Attend national Young Audiences conferences as budget permits.
- Supervise office functions regarding space, supplies, schedules, and procedures.
E. Program Development
- Maintain open communication with district school contacts.
- Supervise staff members and artist relationships through program organization and development, individual artist evaluation, artist professional development, new artist application procedures, a communication and information network with all YA artists and review the program fee structures.
- Supervise the Education/Program staff members and school district liaisons to ensure that the programs maintain a high artistic and educational quality and meet the needs of the schools and students.
F. Publicity and Communications
- Create and implement a marketing and public relations plan including effective communication with new outlets through print and digital mediums, press releases, news features and representation of YA to schools, PTAs, civic and service organizations
- Supervise communications with individual schools, educators, arts administrators and other arts advocacy and community arts support groups.
- Familiarity with public education and a visionary and pluralistic approach to the place of the arts in education that is consistent with the mission of YA.
- Success in non-profit fundraising and development.
- Background in the arts preferred.
- Four-year college degree required.
- Managerial experience, including budget development, and fiscal supervision.
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation under the direction of a board of directors.
- Experience in public relations and marketing.
- Experience in fundraising, writing grants, development, and special events.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Time management skills.
- Leadership skills
- Computer skills, especially Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with Salesforce, eTapestry, and Quickbooks preferred.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Young Audiences of Northeast Texas is an equal opportunity employer.