Young Audiences of Northeast Texas is a proud affiliate of Young Audiences Inc., the nation’s largest arts in education learning network, with 30 local affiliates nationwide, five of which are right here in Texas. Since our start in ’97, we have been dedicated to bringing quality arts-in-education experiences into northeast Texas schools. We have a roster of teaching artists who provide performances, workshops and residencies in visual art, performing and theater arts, music and the literary arts.
Young Audiences of Northeast Texas provides:
- Opportunities for schools, communities, educators and families to engage in the Arts together.
- Programs for all age groups and curriculums.
- Study guides for each performance to maximize the connection between the program and school curriculum.
- Opportunities for active learning.
- Highly trained artists to engage students in diverse programs.
- Professional development for teachers on teaching in and through the arts.
- Professional development for teaching artists on new program development.
National Young Audiences
Young Audiences Arts for Learning was established in 1952, and is the largest arts in education learning network in the United States, boasting 30 local affiliates nationwide.
YA National was the first organization ever to receive prestigious National Medal of Arts. Awarded in 1994, the White House recognized Young Audiences’ achievements in working with educational systems, the arts community and the public and private sectors to ensure the Arts play a decisive role in the education of young people.
Board of Directors
John Fry III – President
Andy Albright – Vice President
Jim Echols – Treasurer
Bonnie Blanton Genung
Amy W. Baskin – Executive Director
Maureen Kaiser – Program Development Director
Keira McCreery – Program Coordinator
Susan McKinney – Communications Director
Hannah Pascual – Staff Teaching Artist